|Benjamin Höglinger-Stelzer a6eace828f|
GUI tool for special Windows driver tasks and signing settings.
⚠️ Some features of this tool do not work anymore on modern Windows versions, use at your own risk! ⚠️
I created this program as a sort of "swiss army knife" of driver testing tasks. It can detect various situations where driver signing requirements by the kernel are altered, like in-place upgrades from an older Windows edition, Test-Signing status and the lesser known (now no longer working) "WHQL Test Mode" 😉
The secret WHQL Test Mode (which allows you to run cross-signed kernel driver binaries) might still be in the Windows kernel to this day, but cross-signing - a mandatory requirement - is now dead for a couple years, so it's no longer an option anyway.
- Icon by Rebin Infotech
- Getting Operating System Version Info - Even for Windows 10!
- The TESTSIGNING Boot Configuration Option
- Windows Version Numbers
- Super user: How do I tell if Windows 10 was a fresh install or upgrade from 7/8?
- Stack Overflow: Is there an easy way to check the .NET Framework version?
- Stack Overflow: Can I have any way to detect the Driver Signing Policy status?
- Stack Overflow: Access the Windows 7 Boot Configuration Data using C#
- BCDEdit: Mounting the BCD Store as a Registry Hive
- BCDEdit: Objects and Elements
- Geoff Chappell: BCD Elements
- Geoff Chappell: Back Doors for Cross-Signed Drivers